The First Kyrie/Leo Litter!

The First Kyrie/Leo Litter!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kyrie/Leo Pups at 2.5 Weeks!


I had too many photos to wait until three weeks for the update, so here's a bonus update at 2.5! ;)

First off...okay, I know I'm new to breeding and all, but seriously, these guys are HUGE! The photo above was taken when the pups were sixteen days old, and the one below when they were at seventeen days. At this point I can't wait to see what they weigh on their three weeks birthday Saturday!


The pups' colors are all changing just a little. Ajax is really starting to show the brown in his fur, which I expected since both Leo and Kyrie are brown sables.


Andros is staying very similar to what he's been all along, perhaps getting just a little more color around his face and chest. Today I think I spotted tiny eyebrow dots, but wasn't able to get any good photos. Maybe this weekend! His paws are still a beautiful rich tan/brown, and he still has his black "tar heels".


Astra, our princess, is starting to develop subtle golden/buff coloration on her head and neck. I took a few photos to see if I could capture it. In the last one she is being bashful. "Come on gramma, ENOUGH pictures!"




The pups are getting a lot more interesting this week, as they learn to sit up, stand, and play! Here's Andros getting mobile and playing with his brother Ajax.






This week the pups also broke out of the whelping box, with little troublemaker Ajax leading the way! I got a couple of photos before I had to keep someone from taking a header over the side!

Ajax: "Let me OUT!"


Ajax: "Fine! Cover me, Astra, I'm going over!"


This week Astra has kept up her preference for snuggling with humans. Now that she can see us, she can find our feet to climb onto and laps to climb into much easier! Here's Astra giving me her silly face. She laid her chin on my knee to look up at me.


And, yet another adorable Astra catchin' a nap photo (because you know the blog wouldn't be complete without one!):


And there was a definite Cute Attack when I got this shot of Astra snuggling with Ajax:


Andros: "Blogging is boring! Good bye for now!" :)


Tune in this weekend for the three-weeks update, everyone! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment